Dear Kefir Friends,
I’ve had Idian food last week and I loved its spicy taste. This is why I would like to show you a very hot water kefir recipe today called: Hot Orange.
As you can see from its name, we need a chili pepper for the recipe. Most of you have questioned themselves already:
why is Chili so hot?
Of course it is something a plant has its benefit from because it is a great protection of eating enemies.The Chili plant lives in a symbiotic realtionship with birds. They need them to eat the Chili seeds and bring them (through the digestive system) ready to germinate to other places. This is why birds are super important carrier for the chili plant. Birds don’t have any receptors to taste Capsaicin which makes the chili plant so hot. But it is completely differnt with mammals (as we are). They leave the plant alone if they taste the strong flavor of Chili. Mammals are not able to digeste the Chili seeds as birds do. The end product is not able to germiante as it is with birds.
But why does Chili brun so much in our mouth?
The answer is easy: We just can’t taste hot food. The only flavors we can taste are: sweet, sour, bitter and salty. The new flavor we can taste was just discovered called umami which means hearty/meaty. Our chili pepper provokes the nerves which are responsible to sent a hot food signal to our brain. To protect our body from getting burned, our brain sends a pain signal and this is what we feel when we eat a chili pepper
And now my dearest hot and spicy lovers: with all those new information we can start with the drink:
For this delicious Water Kefir recipe you need:
- 200 ml Organic Waterkefir for – you can get your organic water kefir here*
- 2 Oranges
- 1/2 Chili Pepper
- Measuring Cup
- Mixer: I use a Vitamix you can order here*
If you already prepare water kefir with kefir crystals, you have all you need at home. For those Kefir newcomers: this is where you find all important information about how to prepare my own waterkefir at home.
Are you ready for ther recipe? Here it comes:
- Half the Chili pepper (you can take less if you don’t like it too hot) and take out the chili seeds. But caution! Chili does not only burn in your mouth. Even your skin, your eyes and other mucosa are very sensitive. You better wear gloves while cuting the chili and keep children away
- Peel the oranges and cut them into small pieces
- Put the oranges and chili into a mixer
- Measure 200ml of water kefir and add it to the other ingredients
- Mix all together for 2 min. on a high level
- Fill the drink into a glass and enjoy! Tip: If the drink turns out to be too hot for you, just drink or eat something greasy. Actually whole milk would be perfect but you can also drink a sip of your selfmade Milk kefir. My delicious organic kefir waits here* for you.
Drink with Chili and Oranges - a tasty and spicy recipe for hot food loversPrint Recipe
- 200ml Organic Waterkefir
- 1/2 Chili pepper
- 2 Oranges
- Measuring Cup
- Mixer (Vitamix)
Half the Chili pepper (you can take less if you don’t like it too hot) and take out the Chiliseeds. But caution! Chili deos not only burn in your mouth. Even your skin, your eyes and other mucosa are very sensitive. You better wear gloves while cuting the Chili and keep children away
Peel the oranges and cut them into small pieces
Put the Oranges and Chili into a mixer
Measure 200ml of Waterkefir and add it to the other ingredients
Mix all together for 2 min. on a high level
Fill the drink into a glass and enjoy! Tip: If the drink turns out to be too hot for you, just drink or eat something greasy. Actually whole milk would be perfect but you can also drink a sip of your selfmade Milkkefir
I wish you a lot of fun by making this water kefir Hot Orange. I am very excited to hear your opinions about this delicious kefir cream cheese.
I would love to see some comments about your favourite recipes with water kefir and how you liked mine.
I am looking forward to see you again for my next recipes.
* dies ist ein Affiliate-Link – Bei Affiliatelinks handelt es sich um Werbelinks