Dear fermentation friends,
Spaghetti Bolognese is one of the most famous dishes in the world. But how about a selfmade and self-fermented tomato sauce to your Italian noodles.
all you need for fermenting you can easily order here*
Fermenting is very easy, and the taste is amazing! We think that it makes every veggies flavour something very special and you can create amazing recipes with it.
Like this spicy, fermented tomato sauce. Enjoy the recipe!
For this easy fermented tomato sauce you need those ingredients
- 700ml-glass with lit*, fermentation Air Lock* and glass weights* – our special fermentation set waits here* for you
- 460g tomatoes
- Wood masher – our wood mashers in a very good quality you can easily buy here*
- 2-3 tsp salt
- 4-5 garlic gloves
- 1 branch basil
Do you have everything? This is how to make your fermented tomato sauce recipe yourself!
- Wash tomatoes and basil
- Cut garlic gloves and basil into small pieces
- Put all ingredients inside the vessel
- Now use the wooden masher to mash the tomatoes carfully inside the glass. During this process a lot of liquid appears. In combination with the added salt you get natural salt mixture. This is why we don’t need an added salt water combination like we had in our last recipes.
- Now, press down everything inside the glass again to make sure there is no between the ingredients. Add the glass weights on top until it is covered with liquid only.
- In the end, close the vessel with the fermentation airlock and lit
- Now, place the glass in a dark and cool place inside like the fridge and let it ferment 4-5 days. Try now and then if your fermented tomato sauce has reached the right flavour for you. Notice: The longer you let it ferment, the more sour and intensive the taste gets.
- Enjoy the recipe!
Have fun and enjoy!
I wish you a lot of fun by making this fermented tomao sauce recipe and I am very excited to hear your opinions about this delicious recipe.
I would love to see some comments about your favourite fermented recipes and how you liked mine.
I am looking forward to see you again for my next recipes.
Watch also this video and many more regarding Kefir and Kombucha on my Youtube channel…
* This is an Affiliate-Link – Affiliate-Links are sponsored Links