My dear fermentation fans, especially my dear milk kefir fans,
Today I´d like to provide you with a very helpful tip for our fermentation accessories. Our popular milk kefir all-round complete set*, with which you can make kefir yourself at home, is a real top seller.
An essential part of the kefir set is in addition to our active kefir mushrooms or kefir grains the fermentation vessel. It´s a 1.14 liter wire hanger. In our kefir manual, we write that the fermentation vessel should be closed in such a way that no air gets in to the vessel, but the resulting carbon dioxide should be able to escape. For this you can fix kitchen foil with a rubber ring on the glass. Another option, however, is simply to place the glass lid with rubber seal on the glass. The glass lid along with seal keeps the glass tight and when the pressure gets too high, the lid “hops” for a millisecond to a fraction of a millimeter and sinks down again to seal the approach. Perfect also with regard to the avoidance of plastic. Yes, but now many ask the question: How do I get the wire rack from the glass? 😉 I´ve been asked several times by mail and by phone how to proceed with the disassembly of the wire rack construction. Especially since it also plays an important role in our XXL Deluxe Kefir Set*. Fermenting yourself can be so easy, you just have to know how. But after more and more of you order the set in our fermentation / kefir shop, I took the time to write you a short tutorial. Even if the fermentation recipes and tips are read quickly, there is a lot of work behind it, that’s why I’m releasing the article just now.
1. You get the glass in the closed state, so first open the shutter. If you have ordered a complete set, maybe the organic kefir and the plastic spoon are included in the glass.
2. Now the lid is open. Now please press the two eyelets with both fingers together. Of course, you will feel resistance. You do not have to worry about damaging the glass. If you pressed the wires far enough together, you can remove the eyelet from the wire on one side by tipping it slightly.
3. Now you can also pull the other eyelet out of the wire pin. Keep some tension, because the wire ring encloses the glass lid. Please hold it tight.
4. Now you can easily remove the wire from the glass lid along with the seal by slightly spreading the two wire ends apart and releasing them from the glass.
5. The wire structure remaining on the glass is held together by an oval bent wire. You can easily peel it off with two fingers.
6. Now the wire is loosened and the two wire ends can be removed by slightly spreading them apart from the glass
7. Now you can just put the glass lid and seal on the glass.
Disassembly of the wire construction works easy if you know how. Pick up the wire if you want to use the glass for another purpose.
Are you interested in making your milk kefir at home? Then I have here a guide with all the important information for you.
High quality and laboratory tested organic dairy kefir and kefir cultures as well as the corresponding accessories such as fermentation vessels, strainers, funnels and much more. You can easily order here* online.
Watch also this video and many more regarding Kefir and Kombucha on my Youtube channel…
* This is an Affiliate-Link – Affiliate-Links are sponsored Links