Dear kefir Cummunity,
I am very excited to write another article for you today. In this recipe I am going to show you how to make soy milk respectively the soy drink. Actually everybody would expect an article about kefir, kombucha or water kefir.
Yes, indirect it is exactly what you expect. Actually I am frequently asked if it is possible to make milk kefir from so called plant milk.
Of course it is under certain conditions. But this question is immediately followed by: “Which milk / drink would you recommend?”. Though in this case I would like to start from the beginning.
You probably noticed that I wrote soy drink and “so called plant millk”. This is because you probably never red soy milk or plant milk in German supermarkets or in the organic shop. Due to german regulation you can only declare milk as milk if the white liquid is made by cows. If it is goat milk it has to be declared as goat milk, not only milk. So according to German law: Milk = Cow:-) But that is another matter.
In this article I want to show you how to make your own vegan plant milk respectively soy milk.
But why should you make your own plant milk / soy milk? There are 2 very important reasons:
- Homemade soy milk is much cheaper. Of course just in case you don’t count a wage for the time you spend on making it. You can even get organic soybeans from Germany. But you have to be very quick. Germany soy beans are very quickly sold out. Organic soy beans you can get here*)
- You will determine the ingredients and therefore know what is in there. The soy milk available in the supermarket are almost always includes plant oil, sea salt, stabilizers, sugar and more.
Okay, my recipe includes sugar as well. But you can also make soy milk without it. You determine what is inside your milk. Of course you can get all ingredients in our shop* but also on Amazon. If you order on Amazon by clicking our Amazon links you support our activities. Many thank!!!
Let’s begin with making soy milk:-)
But now let’s start with the recipe 🙂
For this easy homemade soymilk recipe you need those ingredients:
- 100g organic soy beans
- 1 litre of water
- 1/2 tea spoon sugar for sweetening (alternativ: organic agave syrup*, organic coconut blossom sugar* , organic raw cane sugar*)
To make my soy milk I use the Sojabella. This device is perfect and I have been working for a long time with it. The Sojabella is available here*. In the meantime there is a successor model, the Vegan Star Active available. You can get it here* . But as I said above, the Sojabella works perfect is a bit cheaper as the Vegan Star Active.
If you now have made your own soy drink respectively soy milk you have laid the foundation for your homemade soy milk kefir.
But how is soy milk kefir made? I will tell you exactly in one of our next articles 🙂
Do you have everything? This is how to make your own homemade soymilk!
1. Fill 100g organic soy beans into the metal sieve and add water and let it soak for 6 hours
2. Remove the cover with the grinder and add 1 litre water
3. Separate the swollen beans from the liquid.
4. Put the grinder in the (with soybeans) filled metal sieve and fix it with a slight twist.
5. Connect the power adapter to the device (beep) and press the “milk” button
6. The water is heated and the soy beans crushed.
7. After about 15 minutes an alert beep sounds — the soy drink is ready and HOT!!!
8. Remove the grinder carefully – Caution: HOT!!! just touch the plastic parts.
9. Remove the cooled metal sieve with a slight twist and clean it.
10. Dispose the sieve content or cook with it
11. Fill the soymilk into bottles and store it cool
12. Enjoy it pure or sweeten it – for example with coconut blossom sugar, agave syrup, raw cane sugar….
Homemade soymilk quick and easy - The delicious plant based alternativePrint Recipe
- 100g organic soy beans
- 1 litre of water
- 1/2 tea spoon sugar for sweetening (alternativ: organic agave syrup)
Fill 100g organic soy beans into the metal sieve and add water and let it soak for 6 hours
Remove the cover with the grinder and add 1 litre water
Separate the swollen beans from the liquid
Put the grinder in the (with soybeans) filled metal sieve and fix it with a slight twist
Connect the power adapter to the device (beep) and press the "milk" button
The water is heated and the soy beans crushed
After about 15 minutes an alert beep sounds --- the soy drink is ready and HOT
Remove the grinder carefully - Caution: HOT!!! just touch the plastic parts
Remove the cooled metal sieve with a slight twist and clean it
Dispose the sieve content or cook with it
Fill the soymilk into bottles and store it cool
Enjoy it pure or sweeten it - for example with coconut blossom sugar, agave syrup, raw cane sugar
I wish you a lot of fun with this recipe and I am looking forward to your opinions of your selfmade soymilk!
Do you have any other ideas or tips for plant-based milk?
Let us know! – write a comment if you like the recipe!
See you soon 🙂
Watch also this video and many more regarding Kefir and Kombucha on my Youtube channel…
* This is an Affiliate-Link – Affiliate-Links are sponsored Links